This year’s edition of Journal Citation Reports (JCR) is now available. JCR is an immensely useful tool that lists Journal Impact Factors (JIFs) and other journal metrics. JCR can help you:
– identify journals with the highest citation impact in your field
– find the most influential journals in which to publish
Each edition of Journal Citation Reports (JCR) is published annually following the year of coverage – and the latest 2018 edition is now available covering 2017 data.
New in this Edition
- There is a new simplified home page – so you can simply start typing the name of the journal to find matching titles and the journal’s profile page.
- One thing to note is that pop-up blockers can cause problems and prevent your search running. So make sure you turn off your pop-up blocker.
- Journal profile pages have been re-designed with a clearer layout. There is additional information with the aim of giving a better understanding of the content, regions and institutions that make a journal influential.
- The JIF calculation is displayed clearly on the journal profile page.
- Citations to JCR journals now include the citations from the Book Citation Index.
- New ‘Journal Profile Quick Tour’ video available at: http://clarivate.libguides.com/jcr
To access JCR:
- Logon to the University Portal
- Select the Resources tab
- Select A-Z list of online resources, then J, then Journal Citation Reports
Senior Research Librarian