This year’s edition of Journal Citation Reports (JCR) is now available. JCR is an immensely useful tool that lists Journal Impact Factors (JIFs) and other journal metrics. The Reports also monitor and exclude any journals that demonstrate anomalous citation behaviour.
JCR can help you:
– identify journals with the highest citation impact in your field
– find the most influential journals in which to publish
Each edition of Journal Citation Reports (JCR) is published annually following the year of coverage – and the latest 2020 edition is now available covering 2019 data.
- One thing to note is that pop-up blockers can cause problems and prevent your search running. So make sure you turn off your pop-up blocker.
Help using JCR
The following support materials are available:
- JCR Training Resources: https://clarivate.com/webofsciencegroup/support/jcr/
- JCR LibGuide: http://clarivate.libguides.com/jcr
- JCR Fact Sheet: http://clarivate.libguides.com/ld.php?content_id=42730408
- JCR Online Recorded Training: https://videos.webofsciencegroup.com/categories/journal-citation-reports
Access and Searching JCR
To access JCR:
- Logon to the University Portal
- Select the Resources tab
- Select A-Z list of online resources, then J, then Journal Citation Reports
Senior Research Librarian