Information Services are offering a series of bookable events to support learning and teaching in Autumn 2022.
Exploring digital teaching technology in learning spaces
Reduce your start of semester stress!
Get ready for teaching on campus – join us for an informal drop-in session in one of our typical teaching rooms to:
- Explore, hands-on, the technology available in teaching rooms
- Discuss your teaching plans for next year – for example, hybrid or interactive sessions – and the best ways for the technology to support you and your students
- Bring any questions you would like to discuss
Join Fred Philips (an advisor on technology in teaching spaces) and Academic Development Partners Susan Greig & Tanya Lubicz-Nawrocka to explore your plans for next semester.
Book a place at one of our Exploring digital teaching technology in learning spaces sessions by clicking on the relevant link below:
|Date and time||Sign up|
|Thursday 1st September, 11am-12pm||Sign up here|
|Thursday 1st September, 1pm-2pm||Sign up here|
|Wednesday 7th September, 11am-12pm||Sign up here|
|Wednesday 7th September, 2pm-3pm||Sign up here|
You can also watch our short video:
Canvas and Learning Technologies Module
The Canvas and Learning Technologies module for staff enables you to orientate yourself with Canvas and to learn how to use some of the many features and tools Canvas has to offer.
The module covers:
- Getting started with Canvas
- Getting your module ready for semester
- Module management
- Groups and communication tools
- Listen Again/Panopto
- Learner response and engagement
- Using other media with Canvas
- Canvas mobile app
- Digital accessibility and Ally
- Using Microsoft Teams
- Digital Learning Contacts
You can view the Canvas and Learning Technologies module by clicking on the Help icon on the green sidebar in Canvas. Then click on the Canvas and Learning Technologies (Staff) link.
Find out more…
Our Learning and Teaching SharePoint site includes information about designing for hybrid and blended teaching, preparing your module in Canvas, our support events, and a list of rooms that were upgraded for hybrid teaching during the pandemic.