While many of you travel away from Stirling during the vacation period, we know that some of you choose to stay on or near campus over the Christmas period.
A list of the services available from the University Library is outlined below.
The Library will be operating the following opening hours during the Christmas period. We will return to vacation hours on Monday 6th of January, and semester hours on the 13th January.
|Friday 20th December||8 am – 5 pm|
|Saturday 21st December||10 am – 5 pm|
|Sunday 22nd December||10 am – 5 pm|
|Monday 23rd December||8 am – 5 pm *|
|Tuesday 24th December||8 am – 5 pm *|
|Wednesday 25th Dec- Sunday 5th Jan||CLOSED|
|Monday 6th January||8 am – 8 pm|
|Tuesday 7th January||8 am – 8 pm|
- On the 23rd and 24th December, the IT desk at the Information Centre will be closed.
Whilst the library is closed there will be 24/7 study available in Cottrell 2Y5 (and printers available in Cottrell 2A18)
When the library is closed books can be returned via the bookdrop outside the library entrance.
From the Portal, you will be able to access your email, Canvas our ejournals and ebooks A-Z of resources and Library subject guides.
From UniDesk SelfService Portal (Open 24/7) you have the following options;
- Information about borrowing
- Finding books and articles
- How to find items we don’t have in stock at Stirling
- Referencing and referencing software
- Ordering Library material
If you are not able to find what you are looking for in these sections and you have tried the powerful search engine at the top of the page you can always click ‘Ask the library’ and ask us a question. These questions and requests will be dealt with on our return in January.
- Connecting to University Wi-Fi or Public Wi-Fi (if you are on campus – in the central areas)
- Canvas and online learning tools
- Software/apps for your own laptop **
- Printing, copying and scanning
- Email (staff and student)
- Network accounts (including password retrieval)
- IT security
- Learning spaces
** There are a number of packages that you can download for free from the University including Office365, you can also install SPSS, Nvivo and Mindgenius (you can fill in a UniDesk form to request these packages and we will send details when we return in January – For current staff and students only)
If you are not able to find what you are looking for in these sections and you have tried the powerful search engine at the top of the page you can always click ‘Ask IT’ and ask us a question. These questions and requests will be dealt with on our return in January.
Seasons greetings to all of our staff and students.