We are excited to let you know that we have upgraded one of our learning resources, Lynda.com, to LinkedIn Learning. Despite the name change, all staff and students can continue to connect to LinkedIn Learning via the Portal.
What changes will I see?
LinkedIn Learning offers a new interface and a range of new features while still providing the same Lynda.com content. If you currently have an account on Lynda.com, your viewing history, course completions, playlists and other data have all be migrated to the new platform. Please note, your ‘Playlists’ will now be known as ‘Collections’.
You’ll also get:
- Unlimited access. Choose from more than 2,800 courses and 110,000 tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics.
- Personalised recommendations. Explore the most in-demand skills based on your experience.
- Expert instructors. Learn from industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning. Access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources. Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, exercise files and coding practise windows.
What do I need to do?
You can access LinkedIn Learning via the Portal, look for the new tile at the bottom left of the Portal. If you had any playlists or courses in Lynda they will take a few minutes to transfer to your account.
Download the LinkedIn Learning app to replace the Lynda.com app if you currently use Lynda content on your mobile or tablet. Choose ‘Sign in with your organization portal’ and type Stirling. You will be directed to a University portal login screen. Log in to access your LinkedIn Learning account on your mobile device.
If you have shared links to any courses they will be redirected to the relevant course in LinkedIn Learning for one year.
How do I use LinkedIn Learning?
To find out more about LinkedIn Learning and the new features available watch, How to use LinkedIn Learning.
You might also find Gaining skills with LinkedIn Learning of interest.
Both courses are on LinkedIn Learning so they will give you a taste of what’s in store on the new platform!