This year’s edition of Journal Citation Reports (JCR) is now available. JCR is an immensely useful tool that lists Journal Impact Factors (JIFs) and other journal metrics. JCR can help you:
– identify journals with the highest citation impact in your field
– find the most influential journals in which to publish
Each edition of Journal Citation Reports (JCR) is published annually following the year of coverage – and the latest 2019 edition is now available covering 2018 data.
New in this Edition
- The 2019 edition includes 11,877 journals from over 80 countries, listed in 236 disciplines. Of the journals, 283 were listed for the first time.
- Journals in JCR are organised into subject categories: three new categories have been introduced in 2019: Quantum Science & Technology, Development Studies and Regional & Urban Planning.
- JCR is the only citation index which monitors and excludes journals that demonstrate anomalous citation behaviour. This year, seventeen journals have been suppressed to ensure the integrity of the reports, representing 0.14% of the journals listed.
- One thing to note is that pop-up blockers can cause problems and prevent your search running. So make sure you turn off your pop-up blocker.
Help using JCR
For more information on using JCR see the guide at: http://clarivate.libguides.com/jcr
Access and Searching JCR
To access JCR:
- Logon to the University Portal
- Select the Resources tab
- Select A-Z list of online resources, then J, then Journal Citation Reports
Senior Research Librarian