Academic modules will be available in Canvas from Mon 3 September 2018*. Canvas can be accessed from your portal home page, using the link on the left hand side of the portal home page. You can also download the free Canvas app.
- you must be fully enrolled to access your academic Canvas modules. For first years, this means you will have to have collected your ID card. Most first year students don’t pick up their ID card until the Sun/Mon of the first weekend of semester. Canvas access will follow a few hours after you’ve collected your card.
- the link to Canvas is on the full student portal. Your portal view will switch over to full portal after you’re fully enrolled (collected your ID card). This usually takes an hour or so to update after ID card pickup.
- sometimes module co-ordinators change the opening dates of modules in Canvas. You can see which modules you will have access to when they open, by going into Canvas and clicking the ‘Modules’ button on the left hand side, then clicking ‘All modules’.
What’s in Canvas?
You can use Canvas to do the following:
- Access your module materials, including lecture recordings, online 24/7
- Submit assignments
- Access grades and feedback
- Access your reading lists
- View multimedia content and resources for learning outside of the lecture
- Discuss and share ideas
For 24/7 Canvas support
Phone: +44 (0) 800 014 8776 (calls to this number are free from UK landlines and mobiles)
Chat – from the Help menu in Canvas