Here’s the Top Ten 2017 Stirling papers with the highest Altmetric scores.
Congratulations to all our authors who made it into the Top Ten!!
Most of these papers are available to download immediately from the links in the references below (the link goes to the record in the University’s repository, STORRE).
The Altmetric “score of attention” is a weighted metric that is based on counts of mentions in the various sources Altmetric tracks (social media sites, blog posts, news stories, Wikipedia, Facebook, government policy documents, etc.).
On the right is the score at posting, the score in the donut will continue to change. Click on an Altmetric donut to see the types and details of all the mentions of the research paper.
Added Stop Press – Update 22/12/2017
I’ve just heard from Kelly Cobey, our Honorary Research Fellow, that we had missed out her fantastic co-authored commentary paper from Nature (sorry we didn’t spot this one – the perils of not submitting to our RMS 😉 ). This tops the list with a score today of 976.
Moher, D., Shamseer, L., Cobey, K., Lalu, M. M., Galipeau, J., Avey, M. T., . . . Ziai, H. (2017). Stop this waste of people, animals and money. Nature, 549(7670), 23-25. https://doi.org/10.1038/549023a
The Top Ten
1. Jackman, S. R., Witard, O. C., Philp, A., Wallis, G. A., Baar, K., & Tipton, K. D. (2017). Branched-chain amino acid ingestion stimulates muscle myofibrillar protein synthesis following resistance exercise in humans. Frontiers in Physiology, 8(JUN). https://doi.org/10.3389/fphys.2017.00390
Full-text available from: http://hdl.handle.net/1893/25471
2. Cobey, K. (2017). Illegitimate journals scam even senior scientists. Nature, 549(7670), 7. https://doi.org/10.1038/549007a
Full-text available on request from: http://hdl.handle.net/1893/26115
3. Moodie, C., Gendall, P., Hoek, J., MacKintosh, A. M., Best, C., & Murray, S. (2017). The response of young adult smokers and non-smokers in the United Kingdom to dissuasive cigarettes: An online survey. Nicotine & Tobacco, https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntx261
Full-text available on request from: http://hdl.handle.net/1893/26306
4. Chambers, S. A., Rowa-Dewar, N., Radley, A., & Dobbie, F. (2017). A systematic review of grandparents’ influence on grandchildren’s cancer risk factors. PLOS One, 12(11). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0185420
Full-text available from: http://hdl.handle.net/1893/26178
5. Groyecka, A., Pisanski, K., Sorokowska, A., Havlícek, J., Karwowski, M., Puts, D., Roberts, S. C. & Sorokowski, P. (2017). Attractiveness is multimodal: Beauty is also in the nose and ear of the beholder. Frontiers in Psychology, 8(MAY). https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2017.00778
Full-text available from: http://hdl.handle.net/1893/25536
6. Leongomez, J. D., Mileva, V. R., Little, A. C., & Roberts, S. C. (2017). Perceived differences in social status between speaker and listener affect the speaker’s vocal characteristics. PLOS One, 12(6). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0179407
Full-text available from: http://hdl.handle.net/1893/25609
7. Bauld, L., MacKintosh, A. M., Eastwood, B., Ford, A., Moore, G., Dockrell, M., . . . McNeill, A. (2017). Young People’s Use of E-Cigarettes across the United Kingdom: Findings from Five Surveys 2015-2017. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 14(9). https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph14090973
Full-text available from: http://hdl.handle.net/1893/25830
8. Reynish, E. L., Hapca, S. M., De Souza, N., Cvoro, V., Donnan, P. T., & Guthrie, B. (2017). Epidemiology and outcomes of people with dementia, delirium, and unspecified cognitive impairment in the general hospital: Prospective cohort study of 10,014 admissions. BMC Medicine, 15(1). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12916-017-0899-0
Full-text available from: http://hdl.handle.net/1893/25673
9. Cairney, P., & Oliver, K. (2017). Evidence-based policymaking is not like evidence-based medicine, so how far should you go to bridge the divide between evidence and policy? Health Research Policy and Systems, 15(1), 35. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12961-017-0192-x
Full-text available from: http://hdl.handle.net/1893/25316
10. Glover, M., Breier, B. H., & Bauld, L. (2017). Could Vaping be a New Weapon in the Battle of the Bulge? Nicotine & Tobacco Research, 19(12), 1536-1540. https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntw278
Full-text available from: http://hdl.handle.net/1893/26149
Senior Research Librarian