I recently posted that there is a problem with our links to WebBridge in GoogleScholar not appearing. There has now been some progress to report – here’s what the rep from the WebBridge supplier has told us:
“Good news is that Google crawled the site map file on Saturday [12th April]. Bad news is that I’ve searched for a number of WebBridge libraries in the GS “Library Links” settings, and none are showing up yet. At this point it’s a matter of waiting for Google Scholar to do whatever it is that Google Scholar does after crawling the site map. We continue to reach out to Google and I will report back if/when we hear from them or the situation has clearly changed”
Today I tried a Google Scholar search myself and I did see some Stirling Library Links! So, although I’ve not heard anything officially it looks like this problem is on its way to being fixed.
If you want to set Stirling in your Google Scholar Library Links:
Go to the Google Scholar home page: http://scholar.google.co.uk
Select the Settings option (little cog icon at the top right hand side of the page)
Select Library Links
Search for Stirling
Tick the box next to: Stirling University Library – Univ. of Stirling Links
You should now start seeing “Univ. of Stirling Links” in your Google Scholar results.
I’ll post again when I hear that the problem has been officially fixed.