Well deserved award for Dr David Telford (Director of Information Services)

During the UCISA Leadership Conference Awards Ceremony, a few weeks ago, a new award was announced inspired by the unexpected passing of three well respected Colleagues, who dedicated their time, effort and experience to improve the sector under the banner of UCISA.  This new award is given to recognise outstanding contribution to UCISA.

Deborah Green, CEO of USICA spoke movingly “The first recipient of this award will be well known to many in this room. And yet, in many ways has been one of the greatest unsung heroes of UCISA. Many of you have been kind enough to praise the transformation that has occurred in UCISA since my arrival as CEO, and I am always deeply moved when I hear such comments.

However, in reality, that transformation began long before my appointment; with the clear vision and determination to make that vision a reality that was demonstrated by a small but hugely dedicated group of trustees.

But one man, who was the main protagonist for change, the strongest advocate for it, and who frankly put in some of the hardest yards to make UCISA the organisation it needed to be, sadly had to step down from office just as the change that he had worked so tirelessly to achieve began to be fully realised. As a result, many of us in this room feel that he has never truly received the recognition he deserves and remains one of the greatest unsung heroes of UCISA.

Please would you all recognise the inaugural recipient of the award for Outstanding Contribution to UCISA, Dr David Telford.”

David Telford said reflecting on receiving the award “The UCISA team and membership has been my source of support, advice, guidance, collaboration, and knowledge on all aspects of IT and leadership. The access to colleagues and the many vendors who support us has been vital in helping my organisation and I remain at the forefront of the technology arms race. I feel therefore I have received more than I have given. That said, giving back through contributing to UCISA is something we in IT leadership can all do, and I would encourage all to participate.

I am eternally grateful to work for a fantastic University and to be part of the brilliant University of Stirling senior team led by Eileen Schofield. Since joining the University, it has been a whirlwind of change and development and more than a little success. And of course, it’s the team that matter and they achieve so much, so a massive thank you to the UoS Information Services team, you are the best!”
😍