One academic year passes….and we turn our thoughts to the next!
The Autumn Term modules (2021/2) will be released in the week commencing 5th July. It is VERY important that you read the documentation linked below BEFORE you start to move your content from one module to the next. We have produced a step-by-step guide which will enable you to transition your materials smoothly and build your module for the coming academic year. There are a few small changes to the template but we have also highlighted some areas which could be problematic and provided guidance on how to move these resources.
- Learning and Teaching for the Autumn Term (Sharepoint site with overview and information for Autumn Term)
- Moving your content from your old module to your new module is available in 2 formats, with a quick checklist included in both:
- Moving your content (Word Doc)
- Moving your content (Canvas site- part of the Staff Canvas and Learning Technologies site)
Changes to the autumn semester template
- The new modules include a link to reading lists on our new platform ‘Leganto’. Leganto is part of the Ex Libris product suite and is closely linked to our new library system. Reading lists have been imported from the former system (Talis) into Leganto and linked to the relevant module. Support materials and training will be available soon.
- Assignments – there is a change to the way in which assignments are handled in Canvas and Turnitin. We are working on support materials to outline the changes, which affect how Turnitin is set up in Canvas. When ready the materials will be added to the ‘Learning and Teaching for Autumn Term’ site. We are making this change as Canvas are depreciating the method we currently use.
Support will be available throughout the summer from both Academic Development and the Digital Learning Team. Both teams can be contacted directly or via the Information Centre if you’re not sure who to contact.