Hello and welcome to Spring Semester 2021.
The Library will operate on the following basis until further notice.
from Thursday 7th January
|Saturday & Sunday||10.00-17.00|
*the IT Service desk will be available 5-8pm remotely via email@example.com
The Library study spaces have been socially distanced to give you a safe place to work. All available library seats are now bookable. The new booking system includes the option to select a study space, study space with a computer or an informal study space (e.g. sofa space). Book a study space.
All library study spaces are for solo study – there are no group study facilities. We encourage you to use MS Teams for group meetings.
You must wear a mask and use the hand gel and wipe your workstation down before and after use, using the wipes provided.
No Food or drink is permitted in the library – (unless on health grounds – if you must eat or drink briefly remove your mask and replace after eating or drinking). However, drinking water is permitted.
Level 2 (entry level) is partially open for some services:
- The Click and Collect service to pick up reserved books and the Self Service devices to check out/return books. Find the item you want on the library catalogue then click the link in the record to request it.
- Short loan collection. These must also be requested using Click and Collect service.
- Library catalogue terminals near the entrance.
- Wi-Fi Wizard appointments – these must be booked in advance *.
- Face-to-face library and IT support are available at the Information Centre for essential/urgent enquiries. The fastest way to get support is through Unidesk self service portal, via live chat (on your portal), or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (IT) or email@example.com (Library)
*Before booking a Wi-Fi wizard appointment please look at the information on UniDesk as you may be able to connect your device using our instructions. (You will need to be logged in to the portal to access)