Due to critical work on our Data Centre network, all IT services will be unavailable between 06:00 – 09:00 on Tuesday 2nd July, including but not limited to:
- All business systems (SAP, SITS, UniDesk, Agresso…)
- Portal and linked resources including library resources/ Canvas
- Wi-Fi on campus – eduroam will be down but UoS Guest Wi-Fi should continue to be available
- Staff email
- Staff and student file stores
- University phone system
- Access to the internet from campus
Off campus users will not be able to connect to any university resources over the internet (portal / Canvas / Box / library resources), nor will VPN or Remote Desktop connections work. The university website will be available throughout the disruption as it is being temporarily relocated away from the affected sections of the network.
The work is essential to improve the resilience of our network and is part of a wider upgrade project.
The work will take 3 hours and you should not try to access the network before 09:00.
Services should be considered at risk for the remainder of the day. We will update our IS twitter page https://twitter.com/isstirling to confirm when services are returned to normal or to communicate any issues.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.