A celebration of the diversity, innovation and influence of academic books
Academic Book Week (#AcBookWeek) is a week-long celebration of the diversity, variety and influence of academic books throughout history run by the Booksellers Association. #AcBookWeek is returning for a fourth year from 4-9 March 2019.
#AcBookWeek aims to:
- Increase awareness of the academic book (particularly the arts and humanities academic book), engaging media and alerting policy-makers to its importance as part of the intellectual ecosystem of the UK
- Make the academic book more accessible to a wider general audience
- Promote the skills and services of bookshops and libraries
- Promote the processes and skills of creating an academic book by both academics and publishers
- Open up opportunities for conversation and collaboration between publishers, booksellers, librarians, and researchers
- Extend the debate about the Academic Book of the Future for The Academic Book of the Future Project
- Enhance the wider debate about the value of arts and humanities research in the UK
Keep up to date with Academic Book Week @acbookweek.
Pop into the Library during Academic Book Week to see our display of books written by University of Stirling academics.