Have you tried accessing the library catalogue from your mobile phone? Library Anywhere takes the library catalogue and makes it mobile, instantly—so you can do things like search the catalogue, see what you have checked out, renew items, and more.
What can you do?
- Search catalogue, place holds, renew items. It does what the regular catalogue does.
- Save records to your phone to access later. Works on any phone with a web-browsing feature—not just smart phones.
- “Universal Version” is fully compliant with Section 508 and other accessibility standards.
- Geo-location finds your nearest library easily.
- See news and upcoming events, branches and opening hours, contact-a-librarian information, and other mobile pages.
- Link to mStir – our University Mobile App.
- Scan a barcode wherever you are and check availability in your library.
How does Library Anywhere work, exactly?
The short answer is “sophisticated screen-scraping.” Library Anywhere works like the catalogue, and never deviates from it in functionality or content. New items are added to it the moment they are added to your regular catalogue–with no uploads or reindexing necessary. Search results and display order are always identical between systems.
- iPhone application on iTunes
- Android application
- You can also access Library Anywhere through the mStir mobile app (mStir-University mobile app). This will present you with the web site based version of the app. If you have an Android or Apple device you will get prompted that there is an app version. You can then choose to download it if you so wish from the app stores. Once installed you can access Library Anywhere via the app you just installed, rather than mStir. If you have a different device, such as a Blackberry, you can continue to access Library Anywhere via mStir.