This email is a reminder that student (UG and TPG) email accounts will be moving from the SquirrelMail system to Outlook Web App THIS WEEK.
The changeover date is Wed 30th January.
On Wed 30th, there may be some delays in incoming email arriving in your new OWA inbox as we transfer routing between the old system and the new. It may take up to 24 hours for your OWA inbox to be updated with recent changes in SquirrelMail but no messages will be lost.
Some basic facts about the move to OWA:
- The change will affect undergraduate and taught postgraduate students
- Your email address will not change
- From Wed 30th January the portal link to ‘Webmail’ will redirect you to your new OWA mailbox
- From Wednesday, please update your bookmarks: the URL for the new system is http://office365.stir.ac.uk
- All of your existing emails and folder structures will be transferred over to the new system
- Your contacts/address book will be transferred over automatically
- Any forwards that you had set up in SquirrelMail will be transferred over to the new system BUT YOU NEED TO CHECK THAT THEY ARE STILL WORKING
- Any rules (other than forwards) that you had set up will be lost and you will need to set them up again in OWA
- You will need to reconfigure your smartphone/tablet to be able to access OWA on your iphone, Android device etc – this is usually very easy. Instructions are on our website at http://www.stir.ac.uk/is/student/it/email/#mobile (you won’t be able to do this until after the 30th January)
More info about the OWA system can be found on our blog http://blogs.stir.ac.uk/isnews/?cat=40 and also on the IS website http://www.stir.ac.uk/is/student/it/email/#office365
Information Centre email@example.com