Shortly the student email system will be upgraded to a cloud-based service, Microsoft Office 365, utilising the Microsoft Outlook Web App. The benefits of this new service include most of the features of the full version of Microsoft Outlook, but in a web page:
- A much newer and easier to use interface for your email (see screenshots below)
- Retain the same email address and login routes
- Single sign on from student lab PCs and the portal (only login once)
- The ability to add Out of Office replies, and multiple email forwards
- A full calendar and meeting request service
- A comprehensive contact management system
- Task lists
- Instant messaging between contacts
- Easy set up and advanced functionality for your mobile device (inc full calendar sync and Push notifications)
- 25GB of email storage!
- Upto 25MB attachment limits. Any larger can be used with our Filedrop facility (files up to 2GB)
- Much improved spam and junk email filtering
Your current emails and contacts will be transferred automatically to the new system once it is in place, however any current email forwarding rules will be lost, so these must be re-applied once the new system is in place.
We will be starting up a mailing list for students to keep you informed of developments, new features, go live date and so on.
If you have any questions about the new system, please email the Information Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
Existing student email inbox:
New Outlook Web App inbox