From Autumn semester 2018 we will be replacing the software behind the Listen Again service with a new video platform, Panopto.
Panopto are the UK market leader in lecture recording and video management in HE and the change represents a transformation in our ability to use video to support teaching and learning:
- Lecture recording closely integrated with Canvas
- Video library, with users able to manage lecture recordings and other video content in Panopto and Canvas
- Support for playback on multiple devices
- Easy-to-use editing features
- Easy desktop recording that can be linked directly to Canvas
- Mobile recording and upload
- Easy upload of existing videos
- In-video search
- Improved analytics of video use
- Live event streaming
In addition, Panopto supports active learning, with students being able to take notes and add bookmarks linked to the video timeline. Students can also upload and share videos, for example, presentations or demos of practice. Panopto integrates with the Canvas assessment and feedback tools, making it straightforward to create and manage video assignments.
We aim to have the service available early in August in preparation for the new semester, and training and support opportunities will be advertised nearer the time.
The new service will continue to be branded a ‘Listen Again’ and all existing recordings will still be available via the old system.
A 3 minute overview of Panopto is available here: